Thursday, July 23, 2015

What I Wish I Knew Before College - Part I - Personal Letters from a Graduating Senior
















Dear Prospective Student,

My name is Maki. I am currently a graduating senior in college. I have a self-designed major of music and communications. I would have been better prepared for college if someone shared their personal experiences with me. I wish someone told me how to develop relationships with other students and deal with other residents. I wish someone told me how to choose reliable sources and write college papers as well. I am writing letters to entering college students to ease the transition through the example of my personal experiences. I am happy to share my personal experiences about five important aspects of college I learned about, including academics, social engagement, executive functioning, self-advocacy, and independence. I am going to publish one of my letters each week until the beginning of the school year. I hope it helps you transition to college. Please email cschmalacker@nfil.net if you have any questions. I will do my best to get back to you.

Sincerely, Maki














No comments:

Post a Comment